Thursday 7 January 2016

New year, new goals

It's only a week since we saw in 2016 & already the January blues have set in.
Understandable I guess as it was around this time of year in 1999 that I learned the fate of my father & since he passed away every year since has been difficult.

Today I hit a lull & the head started wandering for the first time in ages towards those black suicidal thoughts.
Don't worry because I have no notion on entertaining such thoughts & am just going to weather this one out.
On a plus, my training efforts are showing further signs in my favour & that in itself would have made my dad proud.
I'm hoping to be able to hold my own rather easy on the flats & yet when it comes to the climbs I'm at a loss with my ever shifting weight issues.
I guess this is the reason why I've been selected for the SST bike I'm currently paying off as its built for someone like me.

Something else has gotten me down & is something that needs to be addressed. I got a letter in the post today under my old name & that in itself made me feel sick & low.
It's calling for an appointment on Monday afternoon which is going to make for a tough & close call to my day that day because I've other stuff to attend to in Killarney. So the pedal the 20km back to Killorglin is going to be fun.

Anyway right now my journey has me in a bit of a lost daze as nothing is happening & won't happen until I get the bike paid off.
Hopefully from there things can start making a turn for the better xxx

No comments: