Wednesday 29 July 2009

Anxiety & stress

From the word go this morning I knew it was going to be "one of those days" as nothing went right. Well it was "D" day today, spending an hour outside the welfare office to sign the unemployment register. Firstly I couldn't find my card which got me in a spin as I needed this for both signing and picking up my payment. So as you can imagine the stress levels were running pretty high at this point. Well I went none the less and stood in the queue waiting for the office to open. As I stood there I felt anxious and panic started running through my body. Not quite sure why, well loosing the card didn't help I suppose, but it felt like the whole world was closing in on me and there was nothing I could do about it.
The time seemed to drag on forever and my mate who dropped me off came across and noticed how distressed I was and said that he would wait for me just down the road.

Well after signing and having more problems put to me in the office concerning my benefits I felt a total wreck and just wanted to go home but my mate persuaded me to go with him to Tralee as he had a hospital appointment. Well I went with the cunning idea of booking myself back in to the psychiatric ward as enough was enough and I couldn't take this no more.

The unit where my mate had to go was at the back of the psychiatric ward and I sat there gazing in thinking about making my move to check in yet decided that it was not the best course of action.

No comments: