Saturday 26 December 2009

The hurt of saying goodbye.

This time of year for me in particular is one of reflection and a great deal of hurt as i remember loved ones that have passed on.
As christmas day came and went i looked back at all the things that have happened to me over the past year and what i have achieved. Least of all the pain I've endured as a result of my inherent condition that is now well on the road to getting sorted. I reflect though in a positive light as time still heals those emotional wounds that continue to heal. It's been a year of learning and adventure, of trials and suffering and more about the strength i'd taken for granted.
Now i look forward to a new decade and a new life as 2010 brings about change.
I also mourn the loss of the part of me that has been hiding the real person as my namesake as was Mike draws to be a memory. A memory of despair and suffering in a role that i could not handle. A person who tried to fit into society and did so pretty well under the circumstances. A person who has made me to who i am today. I can only look forward now to a whole new life just waiting to be discovered and a career that I've wanted for so long. It's not going to be easy by far but life was never that easy for me. We've just got to play the bad hand we've been dealt. Xxx

1 comment:

Lucie G said...

Here's to the new year, good luck :)