Wednesday 6 January 2010

After a bad start to the year....

New years celebrations didn't go exactly to plan as the past week have proven challenges beyond expectation.
Firstly the freezing conditions have taken their toll as temperatures plummit to -5°c on average of an evening. That crossed with being stuck without power & heating on the blink with gas bottles freezing all made my living conditions pretty bleak.
I felt quite rightly depressed at spending long cold nights snuggled under the duvet, but the sun shone yesterday as I restored power & started getting things back on track.
The power failiure was a result of frustrated cows nibbling the leads between my car & the van and a very flat car battery connected to the secondary point on the van gave me intermittent heating when there was a bit of power.
Still, all told I survived.
Yesterday after copious amounts of insulation tape I got up & running again and started about charging my lifelines to the outside world, phone & pda.
When I powered the phone I thought all credit had been used but was still able to use skype for calls to family & friends to let them know I was ok.
Well things got better on checking my balance & a concerned call to customer services, being told I had €50 free credit & that my plan had been updated with my internet to €9.99 per month as opposed to the €25 I had previously been paying.
All in all I'm one happy bunny as I have also got money coming to me for a heating allowance backdated to September last year.

No comments: