Sunday 10 January 2010

As the artic takes it's toll

For a country with normally higher rainfalls & milder temperatures, we have been hit hard by the artic conditions that have swept across the country.
Temperatures have fallen to -11°c which I had to brave as my heating system froze. It was a challenge but made it and have now a system in place of thawing my gas by means of running the car with the blowers on.
This weather has certainly proved useful to some of my old jackets I used to wear in my past existance as every attempt to secure warmth is priority.

Even the animals find it difficult with the deer heading to populated areas searching for food.
My beloved cattle too have been finding it tough as the field is mainly ice & frozen snow. Ok they get fed well, infact better than me sometimes as travelling out is difficult.

Even with the sub-zero conditions, I feel inside like a warm sun-drenched beach as I continue to claw back my sanity from rock bottom as it was last year.
I feel content within and that is all that matters.
I'm not going over old ground trying to find solutions but getting on with a new life. But deep down in my heart I wonder if this is true as I dreamed so long and so hard of one day waking with all male traces gone.
If it is but a dream, then I shall enjoy it as long as it lasts.
Still it must be reality a I have made applications for a training courses & placements with all parties concerned knowing of my gender status.

All seems to be a step in the right direction :o)

No comments: