Friday 28 March 2008

Life back in the real world is a bundle of laughs. I was faced with an amount of qustions from my mate yesterday about me and how far I was going to go with my transition. Ok I didnot mind answering these questions as it give those close to me an understanding of the journey I am going to take and the implications involved. This conversation took place outside my local pub and had a few people listening into the conversation. However, Much to my amazement I did not get any kinda second looks from the people listening as I engterd the pub again. Of all the times i9 thought that people would look down at me and judge me as a freak, it seems just the opposite that I can be accpeted for the stuff that I am going through.

I am sat here at the moment looking into the mirror wearing a plum t'shirt and purple cardie and black skirt. Ok not that any of this is relevant to what I am about to say, but just felt like dressing this way today. As I look into the mirror, i see back a pretty little girl but with the stubble that would put even desperate dan to shame. I have not been able to shave for a couple of days now as my face has become sore. I have used plenty of moisturizer and still have a rash. Hmmm well i was talking the other night about having Laser treatment for my facial hair and cannot wait to get that started. I know none of this is going to be a miracle cure and all takes time to be effective. I am also going to be paid back by my mate shortly for some work that I did for him back last year. As the exchange rates are to my advantage, am looking at putting this towards my first visit to Dr Curtis and might get an appointment for next month. The other thing is to buy some makeup but will have to balance the two out. I am looking at just applying concealer & foundation for the moment and this will apply for my daily routine at work. Although I have not yet one out dressed in skirts and heels, find myself leading a much different life but cannot imagine what has changed as I have always tried to live a feminine life. My voice is now softer and through previous attempts at anacusion have implemented this as part of my self contained speach therapy. I am aware that once I start hormones, I will have to work harder on my voice, but seems to have the advantage of others in the way that I adapted the vocal techniques at a young age and never really let go.

Thinking back at my departure from the angels, feel now that it was the right move to make. Once again i found myself masking away from my real personality. But enough said about that as I will keep popping in from time to time to make sure they are behaving.

Anyway, getting stuck for things to say here so will leave on that note.


Ooo but looking at a video diary on youtube shortly..


Out and gone

xxx Katy xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, laser is obviously worth doing, but makes me cry like a baby...but that's just me...a lot of people can take the pain.
I still hang around on Angels, I see it for what it is and what it isn't.

And whilst we're on the subject of "what we're sat here doing", I'm typing this with a load of green-goo on my face...in the hope it'll make me more beautiful...lol

catherinek said...

Hi Kathy,

I haven't all of your blog yet, but I assume you know Dr.James Kelly in Dublin will diagnose you and refer you on to Dr.O'Shea (endo guy) as well? It'd save you the hassle of going all the way over to London.
His contact details are on the gidi.ie website.

Later,

Ck.