Monday 31 August 2009

Moving on

After what has been somewhat of a traumatic 2 weeks, I've now started to get my head around what the next stage of my transition.
Last Monday I had a chat with my psychiatrist before being discharged from hospital again & it seems my banging on about gender issues has finally sunk in with her. I'm now being given a referral to see a Dr who can hopefully wite me up for HRT & finally get going on the next stage of my venture. It's not before time too yet looking back on the issues that have dominated my life this year, I can see the positives outweigh the negatives & have gained more personal acceptance than I had realised.
Still each day is hard for me and seems lIke groundhog day over & over again with the battle against nature's mis-giving towards me.

I've come to realise that although the fight continues that next year it should start getting easier when I start IPL & eliminating the masculine features that have for so long cast a shadow upon my life.
Still looking back & continuously battling against suicidal thoughts I am winning slowly but still wish now that I could have ended it all back then. I kinda know in my heart that there lies a bigger challenge ahead yet something I have started to conquer.

No comments: