Tuesday 26 August 2008

Another big blow

I know this is a bit late but have spent the day thinking :)
As a plastic paddy and now settled amongst a wonderful community that appreciates the local sports, i have come to grow quite fond of the Gaelic football. Never really like football much when I was in England but this is different. Lots of sweaty guys, harsh, rough and very fast and skilled and also doing it for the love as very few are paid.
Well that is the basic insight but over the weekend we had the semi-finals of the all Ireland between Kerry & Cork the 2 neighbouring counties in the Munster province. Well this is a grudge match to say the least and last year the 2 teams met in the finals in Dublin to which "my" county of Kerry walked the match.
Well again the semi's were played last Sunday and the 2 teams drew, so now we have to endure this all over again this weekend.


The Green & Gold flags are flying all around the place and I am confident to the fact that I have doubled a bet with an ex-colleague evidently from Cork ;)

Well I suppose that I better get into good spirits and get some drinking practice in before hand this time :D

No comments: