Sunday 10 August 2008

It's back down to earth

After months and possibly years of realizing that something of a social habit has become something of a major issue in my life I finally pulled in the rains and decided to do something about it.
Up to now my transition dreams have been just that. Although in 2006 I did something similar with loosing weight, this has inconclusively got to be the best thing that as ever happened to me.

Tuesday, low and suicidal.

Wednesday, survived an OD attempt and decided to break the ice and attend a TG meeting. Nearly backed out but got a call and thought FEK it. Enjoyed my time there and had mighty craic.


Thursday, same old same old. Hit the pub in the afternoon and drink till the early hours.

Friday. Wakes up, heart racing and thinks sod this I don't need this any more.

Since that day of waking on Friday, I have declined any intake of alcohol into my system. A need so greatly desired to mask and dronw all my sorrows and belive me I have a lot of them right now.
Last night I went off out to the pub and all I drank was J2O and lucozade. However I came home with the same feeling as if I have had 20 pints because I had fun and the atmosphere was good.
And now 3 days into not drinking, I feel better within myself, I am motivated to do stuff away from the house and I have the sense of pride to strut my stuff up the road and get the second glances from people worndering if I am really male or female. Well the dark shadow on the face gives that away, but not for much longer :)

1 comment:

Debbie Knight said...

Hi Katey
I hope you beat your demons.
You can do this.
I found a good quote on a friends blog

FEEL -> DO -> THINK -> FEEL (repeat)

Drink only numbs the pain & adds to your depression.
You need to try with all your heart to give up drinking.
Love
Debbie