Wednesday 30 April 2008

The big day is here

6:15(ish)am. All is quiet on the home front. Last night I went out with the housemates to watch football on the telly of all things. One had to go to his mums and the other was just that boring he came back home too. This left just me and my female housemate chatting away. We got chatting about my situation and I must admit that I feel pretty excited at the moment. I am in my right mind now (I think) and can look forward towards my transition.
In our conversation we got talking about fanciable men and she was astounded at the fact that I could relate to that. Well at the end of the day it is simple in the way that I think and have the same mental senses as a female.
We had a bit of a giggle over one of our fellow housemates who I was in the pub with on Saturday night and his excitement towards the hen party that came in. It seems that he will go for anything in a skirt, so I am going to have to be careful if I go out for the night post-op :)

Anyway the big day has arrived. New job, new month and the start of my new life.
Everything seems to have dropped into place at the right time. I no longer have issues over my identity and am happy to carry on using my male name for the next 6 months. But for all my life I have dreamed and feared this moment and now it is actually happening for me. It's kinda strange how everything just fits in nicely as it would be my worst nightmare trying to entertain people and dealing with personal issues so prominent as what I have been through.
Tomorrow I have several transfers to sort out and Friday I am only out for a few hours so have the rest of the afternoon free to hit the town. Shopping! hmmm something I am learning quickly. Ok I cannot afford to go overboard on this at the moment but want a few tops and see what other delights are in store.

It really is going to be a killer today travelling past a shopping complex that for so long I have wanted to visit. Well I look at it this way, I have no money to spend anyway and browsing amongst the fabulous clothes will only make me depressed if I cannot buy. So ok I will get over it:(
It could also be difficult in the sense that I have not driven since November last year and all of a sudden will be making the trip again across country. God if only I had a pound for everytime I .............. wait up, Hmmm icouls buy a new outfit for everytime I have to travel the long daunting road on my own to Dublin. Now the world seems a whole lot brighter.

Anyway I am going to start putting some piccies up here soon. Most of landscapes and a few of me :D

1 comment:

Debbie K said...

Dear Katy
Good luck with your big day.
It is so exciting but quite scary
We need to do this & we will!
Keep thinking positively.
My anxiety is really high just now.
So close to living our dream.
You are well & truly on your road to happiness.
I hope it is everything you wish for.
Take care.
(((((((positive beams))))))
Best wishes
Debbie